Thank you for considering using Trust.
This notice applies to customers purchasing Trust through the company’s website. This notice does not form part of any contract of employment or other contract to provide services. It is important that you read this notice, together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
Dovedale Limited may change this policy at any time from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25 May 2018.
Data protection principles
We will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes
- Accurate and kept up to date
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about
- Kept securely
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information such as phone number, postal address and email address
- Demographic information such as postcode and preferences
- Information about how you use our service, for example, which of the pages you visit
- Device information such as browser or operating system
- Usage information such as how you tap or scroll, which can help distinguish humans from bots and detect fraud
- Other information as required in providing our services
How we collect your personal information
We collect personal information about our users through forms on our website or on the phone if you call us instead of ordering online.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and for our legitimate interests in providing you with our service, and in addition for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- If you provide specific consent, we may periodically send promotional messages about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the contact information which has been provided to us.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you via standard means for market research purposes. We may contact you by the contact details you provide - address, email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We will also send customer data to other providers with whom Dovedale Limited has a legal relationship, so that we, Dovedale Limited, can conduct our business efficiently and analyse the impact of our products and services and conduct our business efficiently. This is explained in more detail below.
Dovedale Limited will not sell any confidential customer data to third parties.
- Communication and support tools so that we can resolve issues and work effectively.
- Storage tools so that, for example, we can securely store, retrieve and share documents and information you provide.
- Analytics tools so that, for example, we can understand the usage of our service and work to improve it.
- Advertising tools so that, for example, we can monitor and understand the effectiveness of our advertising.
- Automation tools, so that, for example, we can configure integrations between the different services we use.
- Data gathering tools so that, for example, we can ask you in convenient and simple ways for information and your feedback.
- Experimentation tools so that, for example, we can present different information or features to different people to determine which is better.
- Verification tools, so that, for example, we can conduct checks to verify your identity or access the disclosure and barring service for safeguarding purposes.
- Messaging tools so that, for example, we can send you text messages or emails about new work, changes in work or updates about our service.
- Billing tools so that, for example, we can charge you for products your purchase.
- Technical tools such as logging services, so that, we can effectively diagnose errors or issues with our service.
- Deployment and hosting tools, so that, we can provide you with our online service and ensure its reliability.
As we improve and develop our service we may find more uses of other providers that process your data in a way that benefits you — such as content delivery networks, or payment processing providers — in so far as it improves our service to you.
Some of these providers may be located inside or outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Dovedale Limited undertakes to use a commercially reasonable selection process by which it evaluates the security, privacy and confidentiality practices of proposed subprocessors that will or may have access to or process Service Data.
We engage subprocessors whom we deem to provide security, confidentiality and training regarding the use of personal data at least as rigorous as our own standards and whom we are confident will inform us of any actual or potential security breaches within a timely manner.
Usage of cookies
A cookie is a small file that is placed on your web browsing device’s hard drive. Most modern web browsers accept cookies by default. However, you can usually configure your web browser to accept or decline cookies from some or all websites if you prefer. Cookies are often used to improve your experience, for example, by remembering some information for your next visit so that content can be better personalised to you, or to save you from re-entering information. Consequently, declining cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website and in some cases certain parts of the site may not work as expected.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
At times we experiment with the content on our site and may present different content or a different experience to different users. Cookies help us with this website personalisation by helping keep track of what content you should see.
In some cases we may also use some of these companies to use tracking pixels Tracking pixels may be used to send data about your visit and store information about visits to our website, such as which pages you viewed and how long you spent on the website, as well as if you followed a specific advertisement you clicked to visit our site. No personally identifiable information is stored on these cookies or pixels. We use this information to understand, for example, the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website and us to provide you with a more cost-effective service. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer.
There is also a lot that you can do to help us keep your account and personal information safe, particularly if you are accessing the Dovedale Limited website using a mobile device. We recommend that you take the following actions:
Password and security details
Use a strong password when setting up your account — ideally one that is long. Do not give your device security details, including any passwords or passcodes, to anyone else and don't store them on your device. Get in touch with us as soon as possible if you feel someone may know your login details or if you lose your device. We recommend resetting your password immediately as a precaution.
For added security, we recommend you should set up a passcode to access your mobile device. This option can usually be found under the Settings menu on your device.
Don't leave your device unattended when logged on and watch out for people looking over your shoulder. Think carefully before jail-breaking or rooting your device. We advise against doing this as it may weaken the security of your device and expose you to additional risks.
If possible, keep your device’s operating system updated with the latest security patches and upgrades. Older software may have security vulnerabilities that could expose you to additional risks.
When we contact you
We will never contact you to ask you to disclose your security credentials. Be cautious about opening links contained in SMS messages or emails that you do not recognize and beware of phishing scams.
Only download mobile apps from official app stores.
If you receive notifications on your device, please be vigilant about who might be able to view the notifications when they appear on your device lock screen.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site we do not have any control over other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting these sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
Viewing or transferring your data
You may request details of personal information you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible).
Making changes to your data
If the data we hold about you out of date or incorrect, in many cases you will be able to correct it directly yourself online. You also have the right to contact us to update and correct it. Please contact us and we will work to make appropriate changes.
Deleting your data
We generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your information, you can request that we erase your personal information.
If you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- Information you have shared with others (e.g., Reviews, forum postings) may continue to be publicly visible on the Trust website, even after your data is removed from our databses. However, attribution of such information to you will be removed. Additionally, some copies of your information (e.g., log records) may remain in our database.
- Because we maintain the Trust website to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
We may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on requests such as those listed above.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information, or to exercise any of the other rights. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
Users visiting the Trust website or contacting its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure safe and secure data submission processes but we advise users that they do so at their own risk.